Our Events Internship will provide practical training and experience in programming and coordinating a diverse range of events: Skills and business development seminars, creative networking events, high profile advocacy events and creative showcasing. This position is ideal for people interested in event development and management, particularly within the creative and cultural sector.
Key areas of responsibility
• Assist with planning, coordinating and implementing events; including skills development workshops, seminars, networking events, and events within the CreateKX remit of the Arrivals programme
• Assist with monitoring and evaluation of events
• Provide clerical and office support, including mailings, copying, telephone, and collating materials in support of the events programme.
• Updating Website
• Researching and assisting the creation and distribution of the CreateKX newsletter
Experience and a proven track record in
• General administration
• Skills in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook. Website editing experience (desirable)
• Events co-ordination experience (desirable)
• Excellent communication skills, speaking and written
• Self-motivated, with a practical, hands-on ”can do” approach
• Commitment to equality and diversity
• Interest in regeneration and the creative economy
• Interest in the creative and cultural sector in London
Term of appointment: 3 months, at 2 days per week – to start early September. Please note that, due to the nature of event work, you will also be required to work a number of evenings.
Salary: We offer no salary for this post, although lunch and travel expenses (zones 1-4) will be covered.
Location: CreateKX, the British Library, 96 Euston Road, London NW1 2DB
How to apply
Applications should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in hard copy to the above address, attaching a c.v. and letter of application explaining how you meet the requirements of the job.
Closing date: Thursday 9th August 2007.