Friday 1 June 2007

Goodbye and Hello


I do hate goodbyes. So instead I’ll say goodluck and goodhunting to missbloggerkx, who I can still faintly hear singing that birdy-song. Besides, I have a feeling she’s not going too far…
So as I hot foot it into the hot-seat I realise it is Friday. And, for the first time since the weather heard it was Bank Holiday season, the sun is shining. So I thought I’d follow bloggerkx’s advice and check out the wonders of Chalton Street market, a Friday institution in King's Cross.
Although I was sorely tempted by the bumper packs of jammy-dodgers and wagon wheels, my favourite stall featured trees of underwear.
My weekend will feature artworks of a rather more deliberate nature, as the Summer 07 Cockpit Arts Open Studios takes place. Cockpit is the largest creative hub for designer makers in the UK, with studios just down the road in Holborn, as well as another site in Deptford. A visit to their open studios is a great way to land yourself a unique piece of fine art or craft, or just explore the artistic talent which is flourishing in London today. I hoodwink myself into believing the latter, then emerge sheepishly a few pounds lighter but, ahem, artistically enriched.

Cockpit Open Studios: Friday 1 to Sunday 3 June, 1 – 7 pm

Entry £5, valid for all four days.
Cockpit Yard, Northington Street, London, WC1N 2NP

No comments:

 
Subscribe with Bloglines